IRBLleida project joins the ITEMAS Innovation Support Programme
It is part of the group of 7 initiatives that have been chosen from a total of 26 proposals
The BP-EVECTOR project of the Institute for Research in Biomedicine of Lleida (IRBLleida), led by the +Pec Proteomics research group, has been chosen as one of the 7 projects to join the ITEMAS Innovation Support Programme. This programme is the central core of the platform and aims to accelerate the arrival of health innovation projects to the patient.
The IRBLleida project aims to promote nanovectors that enable the administration of drugs and bioactive compounds with preferential targeting in the brain, skeleton and liver, proving to be safer for human consumption and greater oral absorption.
In total, 26 projects were submitted from 8 nodes and 13 member centres. In this latest selection process, initiatives related to digital health, the development of medical devices and artificial intelligence stood out, following the trend of previous rounds. Of the projects presented, 14 have obtained the ITEMAS quality seal and 7 are beneficiaries of the ITEMAS Innovation Support Programme. These projects are in addition to the 10 projects that are already part of the ITEMAS portfolio.
The other projects that have also been selected are:
- Hop2Market from the Bioaraba Health Research Institute: a technology that allows predicting the probability of suffering vasospasm and death in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) and/or intracranial hemorrhage (HI). This solution helps professionals anticipate such complications and relocate patients at higher risk to areas of higher intensity care.
- SERGREEN from the Parc Taulí Institute for Innovation and Research (I3PT): a software that performs ICG quantification from an image generated by a laparoscopic tower during fluorescence-guided surgeries. Allowing to choose the resection point in a more optimal and objective way.
- Optimal Lung from the Parc Taulí Institute for Innovation and Research (I3PT): software to help identify, characterize, and predict the malignancy of pulmonary nodules that would be implanted in the hospital's PACS to provide the radiologist with the analyzed images.
- 12CLIP of the Hospital 12 de Octubre Research Institute (i+12): a device that allows the insertion of the peripheral venous catheter with non-sterile gloves, however, the device being inserted under sterile conditions.
- DéjaloBot of the Foundation for Biosanitary Research and Innovation in Primary Care (FIIBAP): a chatbot to help quit smoking accessible through any communication chat (mobile, tablet or computer) and integrable into virtual medical systems.
- REPRODRUG from the Fundación para la Investigación del Hospital Clínico de la Comunidad Valenciana INCLIVA: a transdermal patch with slow release of haloperidol for patients with spinal muscular atrophy that overcomes the limitations of existing drugs and thus offers a safer, more convenient and affordable therapy .
- BP-EVECTOR from the Lleida Biomedical Research Institute (IRB Lleida): nanovectors that allow the administration of medicines and bioactive compounds with a preferential target in the brain, skeleton and liver, proving to be safer for human consumption, greater oral absorption and biodistribution.
These projects are added to the 10 projects that are already part of the ITEMAS portfolio: aCUP-E , EPlacement , EPPICS , Lucadia , ClearPAP , GliommAI , iVIC , eDose, BlaDimiR/BladiCheck , and SCRATCH. You can consult the details of these projects in the Technological Offer section of the web.