HR Excellence in Research
The "HR Excellence in Research" is a seal of quality by the European Commission.
In December 2014, IRBLleida was awarded with the "HR Excellence in Research" seal of quality by the European Commission. This quality seal identifies institutions and entities committed to implementing the guidelines of "The European Charter & Code for Researchers" by improving the recruitment process and working conditions of research staff.
Specifically, the European Charter for Researchers defines the roles, responsibilities and rights of researchers and their employers. The aim is to ensure that the relationship between the two parties contributes to an adequate environment for the generation, transfer and sharing of knowledge, while encouraging the professional development of research staff. The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers has been developed with the aim of making selection processes more fair, transparent and merit-based. Merit is measured not only by the number of publications, but also by other criteria such as education and teaching, supervision, teamwork, knowledge transfer, management experience, and awareness-raising activities.
In 2005, the European Commission approved the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. IRBLleida adhered to the Charter and Code in 2010. In view of the commitment made and in accordance with the guidelines of the European Commission's Human Resources Strategy HRS4R «Human Resources Strategy for Researchers» , IRBLleida designed a Human Resources strategy for research staff in line with the Charter and Code and reflected it in an Action Plan.
2014-2016 HRS4R Action PlanMés informació
IRBLleida conducted an internal Gap Analysis , grouping the 40 principles of the Charter and Code into four areas ("Ethical and professional aspects", "Recruitment", "Working conditions and social security" and "Training and professional development") and summarized the main results of the internal analysis and presented the proposed actions in the Action Plan 2014-2016.
2018 - Self assesmentMés informació
In 2018, IRBLleida underwent a self-assesment consisting of a new internal analysis to assess compliance with the 2014-2016 Action Plan.
After receiving the feedback from the European Commission on the self-assessment process carried out, during the years 2019-2020, several actions were carried out to integrate the recommendations received. During these two years, the initial action plan was extended.
- A Steering Committee was appointed to guarantee the continuous overseeing and monitoring of the Human Resources Strategy for Research (HRS4R) process.
- A new internal gap analysis and action plan were developed in an inclusive and open process involving an internal Working Group with representatives from all research professional categories.
2020-2024 HRS4R Action PlanMés informació
The new Action Plan was shared and discussed with the representatives of the centre as well as key stakeholders, and was adopted by consensus by the Human Resources Department, the members of the Working Group, the Managing Director, the Director, and approved by the Executive Board.
The main strategic lines of action are the following:
- Increase awareness and communication about IRBLleida policies on ethics and good scientific practice, including the elaboration of the IRBLleida Code of Ethics and the dissemination of the CERCA Code of Conduct.
- Reinforce the Open, Transparent and Merit-based Recruitment Policy for Researchers by establishing a mechanism for suggestions and complaints and monitoring quality of the process.
- Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion by reviewing and implementing the IRBLleida Equality Plan and the Protocol of prevention and action against discriminatory, moral or sexual harassment.
- Further support the talent through career development actions and activities, including mentoring programmes and the design of a comprehensive Training Policy for the Institute.
- Implement a standard procedure to carry out periodic assessment of the research activities
- Develop a Corporate Social Responsibility Policy aimed at promoting the scientific culture and participation of civil society.
OTM-R PolicyMés informació
Open, transparent and merit-based recruitment processes (OTM-R) guarantee that people with the most appropriate profile for a given job are hired, thus obtaining more equality, improving the competitiveness of national research systems and strengthening collaboration and international cooperation. The OTM-R is one of the main priorities of the European Research Area (ERA) and one of the key pieces of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. IRBLleida has developed a recruitment policy based on the principles of the OTM-R (infographics).
Steering committeeMés informació
- Diego Arango: Scientific Director
- Reyes Grases / Joan Vives: Management Director
- Jose Valdivielso: Principal Investigator (R4)
- Águeda Martínez: Senior Postdoctoral researcher (R3)
- Elena Moscatel: Human Resources Manager
Working / Technical groupMés informació
- Diego Arango: Scientific Director
- Reyes Grases/ Joan Vives: Management Director
- Jose Valdivielso: Principal Investigator (R4) and chairman of the Training committee
- Águeda Martínez: Senior Postdoctoral researcher (R3) and chairwoman of the Equality Committee
- David de Gonzalo: Junior Postdoctoral researcher (R2)
- Maite Caus: Predoctoral researcher (R1)
- Elena Moscatel: Human Resources Manager and Training Committee representative
- Serafí Cambray: International and Projects Manager and Innovation Unit representative
- Eva López: Administrative Manager and chairwoman of the Quality Committee
- Naiara Vilaginés: Technical Management Office representative
- Meritxell Martín: Works Committee member and Training Committee representative
- Aurora Pérez: Predoctoral researcher (R1)
- Ivan Hidalgo:Predoctoral researcher (R1)
- Milica Bozic: Senior Postdoctoral researcher (R3)
- Meritxell Soria: Communicaction Unit and Training Committee representative