The IRBLleida Innovation team consists of senior human capital, highly qualified with extensive experience in innovation and transfer, both in private and research institutions.
Our strategy is based on:
- The search for business opportunities that lead to reinvestment in new research.
- New strategies for public-private industry relationships, promoting partnerships at the early stages of technology.
- Cooperation with international partners that contribute to positioning our innovation at an international level and to securing new contacts.
- The search for new tools to boost innovation.
The actions performed by this unit are, among others:
- Economic evaluation and market research of projects or ideas.
- Strategy for the protection of intellectual property.
- The search for public grants or private funding to further develop the technology to increase its value.
- The search for partners interested in the technology (collaborative partnerships & technological brokering).
- Business development.
- Training in innovation.
The IRBLleida is a member of the Platform for Innovation in Medical and Health Technologies (ITEMAS) promoted by the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII) and the General Sub-Directorate of Assessment and Promotion of Research.
The Platform for Innovation in Medical and Health Technologies (ITEMAS) is a support structure for health innovation promoted by the Carlos III Health Institute (ISCIII). Its objective is to facilitate the innovative ideas of health professionals to generate value for the system, by promoting the technology transfer and a culture of innovation and communication with the rest of society. The main tool of ITEMAS is the creation of Innovation Support Units (UAIs) in hospitals. Through them, ITEMAS provides the necessary means and assistance for health professionals to transform their ideas and discoveries into realities for patients.