Joan Sayós Ortega, new deputy director of IRBLleida
For the last two and a half years, he has acted as head of the Competitive Projects Unit at the Vall de Hebron Research Institute
Dr. Joan Sayós Ortega has joined the Institute of Biomedical Research of Lleida Dr. Pifarré Foundation (IRBLleida) this January as deputy director.
After obtaining his PhD in 1995 from the University of Barcelona, the new deputy director continued his research career at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, a hospital affiliated with Harvard Medical School. Subsequently, in 2001, he obtained a Ramón y Cajal contract that allowed him to establish his own research group. In 2007, she was awarded a Miguel Servet FIS contract and moved to the Vall de Hebron Research Institute (VHIR) in Barcelona, where she developed a career as a principal investigator until 2019. In the last two and a half years, he has acted as head of the Competitive Projects Unit at the Vall de Hebron Research Institute (VHIR).
The priorities for the coming years of the new deputy director of IRBLleida are:
- To lead the strategy of national and international projection of the centre's research.
- To direct the development of the innovation and transfer strategy.
- To plan and direct the activities of the Institution's Scientific and Technical Services.
- To direct the scientific activities of the Institute's areas, groups and researchers.
- To direct the training and development processes of the research staff.
- To direct the implementation of good scientific practices and the protection of researchers' interests.
The new deputy director of IRBLleida, Joan Sayós Ortega