The INspiracy Lleida conference is back to encourage interest in science among first-year Baccalaureate students in Lleida
The event will feature several talks on biomedicine, agri-food and artificial intelligence, among others
The Institute for Research in Biomedicine of Lleida (IRBLleida) is organising for the second time INspiracy Lleida, a conference to raise awareness of the research carried out in Lleida and to encourage the research spirit among first-year secondary school students in the Lleida area. The conference will take place on Wednesday 19 April in the Auditorium of the Centre for Cultures and Cross-Border Cooperation (Cappont Campus of the University of Lleida), in classroom format and also in online format through the YouTube channel BCNspiracy.
The event is organised in collaboration with the Institute of Education Sciences of the UdL and is coordinated by the BCNspiracy team, which has been organising this event in Barcelona since 2018 to promote interest in science among high school students. In addition, it is funded with the collaboration of the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology (FECYT) - Ministry of Science and Innovation.
The day will begin at 9.00 a.m. with a welcome from the deputy director of IRBLleida, Joan Sayós Ortega, and the assistant to the Vice-Rector for Research and Transfer of the UdL, Roberto García González. This will be followed by informative talks by research staff from Lleida.
- 9.15-9.25: 'Hormones alimentàries', Roger J. Palacín Chauri, PhD student, UdL/Agrotecnio, and Clàudia Serrat Garcia, student of the Double Degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Science and Production at UdL.
- 9.25-9.35: 'Happy dreams', Lucia Pinilla Latorre, PhD student, Precision Medicine in Chronic Diseases group, UdL - IRBLleida.
- 9.35-9.45: 'El risc de menjar avena: les toxines dels fongs', Irene Teixidó Orries, PhD student, Applied Mycology group, UdL - Agrotecnio.
- 9.45-9.55: 'Som els nostres gens, o quelcom més?', Serafí Cambray Carner, postdoctoral researcher, vascular and renal translational research group, UdL - IRBLleida.
- 11.45-11.55: 'Un ictus com una casa', Coral Torres Querol and Sara Salvany Montserrat, postdoctoral researchers, Clinical Neurosciences group, UdL - IRBLleida.
- 11.55-12.05: 'Una casa com un ictus', Cristina Pereira Priego, postdoctoral researcher, Ares Regué Vidart, PhD student, Clinical Neurosciences group, UdL - IRBLleida.
- 12.05-12.15: 'Passat, present i futur del càncer', Mariona Pont Gòdia, PhD student, biomarkers in cancer research group (GReBiC).
- 12.15-12.25: 'Coneixes el Biobanc de l'IRBLleida?' Irene Pociño Merino, research technician at the IRBLleida Biobank.
In addition to these talks, students will see live presentations by other science communicators from Barcelona, Zaragoza and Madrid, in a day in which the figure of the Lleida scientist, Joan Oró, will be the central theme.
The programme of the day will take place from 9.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m