IRBLleida offers young researchers several training and scientific activities as well as a supportive environment that encourages cooperation and building up contacts in the field of biomedical research.
Teaching is one of the strategic priorities at the Lleida Institute for Biomedical Research (IRBLleida). In the 2017-2020Strategic Plan, one of the strategic objectives is to 'Encourage training as the focus of professional development'. To achieve it, we have:
- Updated the Training Plan for scientific and management personnel
- Designed and promoted Pre-Doc and Post-Doc programmes to attract talent
The close cooperation among professional researchers, clinicians and Lecturers at Lleida University enables knowledge to be transformed lab discoveries to be transferred into clinical practice, and vice-versa, with the final aim of improving people's health. IRBLleida offers young researchers several training and scientific activities as well as a supportive environment that encourages cooperation and building contacts in the field of biomedical research.
PhD StudentsMés informació
The Doctoral School of the University of Lleida is established as a centre of higher education with a mission to organize academic and administrative activities regarding doctoral studies, so as to ensure the quality of academic offerings and effectiveness in management for the promotion of excellence in research and collaboration between universities and other agencies, schools, institutions and organizations active in RDI , public and private, domestic and foreign, in accordance with the provisions of Article 9 of Royal Decree 99/2011.
More information: http://www.udl.cat/ca/estudis/doctorat/programes-de-doctorat/
Training periodsMés informació
Our many research groups welcome students who have the opportunity to take part in their projects and contribute with their work to the progress of research. This is a good way to pursue your professional training; one that trains you for future job offers and which is of great help in obtaining training geared to specific rols.
Where can you do your internship?
The many research groups study a wide range of scientific fields at IRBLleida. In order to find the group with which you would like to do your training , you can refer to the directory of groups on our website and get in touch with the relevant Lead Researcher(s) that you are interested in to request the availability of places for that internship.
What are the requirements?
- Be over 18 years old
- To be accepted in one research group at IRBLleida (acceptance letter or commitment form signed by the group leader)
- Be enrolled in a higher education institution to which learning skills of the internship are linked
- Formalize the collaboration agreement between the university or educational institution and IRBLleida to undertake the internship
- Confirm that the student has accident and civil liability insurance when signing the agreement
What steps should I follow?
If you are interested in expanding your training at IRBLleida and you meet the requirements, contact the academic secretary at your educational institution in order to begin the paperwork needed. If your university/college does not have a collaboration agreement with IRBLleida, you need to contact us to formalize one: info@IRBLleida.cat
Postdoctoral researchersMés informació
The aim of the Lleida Institute for Biomedical Research (IRBLleida) is to set up a training programme addressed to highly talented, motivated and experienced researchers to give them the opportunity to develop their research career at the Institute.
The IRBLleida International Post0doctoral Programme (IRBLleida-IPP; FP7-PEOPLE-2013-COFUND) offers 10 post-doctoral positions for a two-year post-doctoral stay
More information: http://www.irblleida-ipp.com/
POST-“MIR” [M.I.R. – MEDICAL INTERNSHIP EXAMINATION] ResearchersMés informació
The health system need medical researchers to ensure that the new treatments and knowledge of the research come true, and they are applied in clinical practice.
The IRBLleida, with the financing and collaboration of the Diputació de Lleida, offers a call for grants for the realization of research projects in health, in three ways:
- Modality A: General grants for the incorporation of professionals who, having completed the period of specialized training (MIR, EIR, PIR, FIR) at the University Hospital Arnau de Vilanova, at the University Hospital Santa Maria or the Teaching Unit of Lleida Family and Community Medicine within the previous academic year, wish to develop these types of projects.
- Modality B: Specific grants for the incorporation of interventionist professionals who, b1) have completed the period of specialized MIR training in any Hospital, or b2) from other disciplines of life sciences and with proven experience in surgery in models Experimental, they wish to support the development of projects of the Center for Experimental Biomedical Experimental Science (CREBA).
- Modality C: Aid for doctoral students in health sciences that are running out of a predoctoral fellowship granted by an official organism and that are enrolled in the doctoral program in health of the Lleida University.
You need to keep an eye on the information published in the Calls section of this website to find out the calendar of this help.