Biomedical Research Talent Grants - Call 2022 - 10th edition
Modality E closing date: Monday, July 18th, 2022
The Institute for Biomedical Research of Lleida Dr. Pifarré Foundation (IRBLleida) opens the 10th call for grants for Human Resources in Biomedical Research (RHIB). This call is financed with funds from the Diputació de Lleida and the IRBLleida. The following categories of grants are offered within this call:
- A. Post-residency aid for dedication to research: Aid for the incorporation at IRBLleida of professionals with specialised health training to develop or participate in a health research project (new or already initiated) within the framework of a research group attached to IRBLleida. The aim of this grant is to introduce health professionals from the Lleida Health Region with specialised training in the field of research.
- B. Post-residency aid for dedication to research for professionals from health centres in the Alt Pirineu and Aran health region: Aid for professionals with specialised health training who work in the Alt Pirineu and Aran health region before and/or while they receive the aid, to develop or participate in a health research project (new or already initiated) within the framework of a research group attached to the IRBLleida. The aim of this grant is to introduce health professionals with specialised training in the Alt Pirineu and Aran Health Region to research.
- C. Post-residency aid to support CREBA: Aid for the incorporation of a medical professional with specialised MIR training in surgical specialities. The aim of this grant is to support the development of research projects and training activities in experimental swine models of the Centre for Applied Biomedical Experimental Research (CREBA).
- D. Grants for the completion of doctoral thesis: Grants for doctoral students who are enrolled in the PhD programme in Health or the PhD in Integrated Cures and Health Services at the University of Lleida (UdL), who are completing (ending in 2022) a pre-doctoral contract obtained in the calls for pre-doctoral staff in training UdL in 2019 or grants for the recruitment of new research staff (FI) of the AGAUR 2019. The aim of this grant is that any pre-doctoral researcher who, in competitive competition, has obtained a 36-month pre-doctoral grant (not including grants whose duration has been reduced due to previous grants for the same purpose), can apply for a 12-month contract with the IRBLleida (to be started once the grant available to him/her has been used up), in order to finish his/her doctoral thesis.
- E. Grants for initiation in research. Grants for researchers who have completed a Bachelor's and Master's degree that gives access to the Doctoral Programme in Health or the Doctoral Programme in Integrated Cures and Health Services at the University of Lleida (UdL), and who are accepted in a research group attached to the IRBLleida. The aim of this grant is to attract or retain candidates/candidates who wish to pursue a PhD because they can apply for competitive grants with the IRBLleida's host group for the duration of this grant.
The beneficiaries, if they are not assigned to IRBLleida, will have to request their assignment to IRBLleida at the time of the formalization of their contract with IRBLleida as beneficiaries of the aid.
For further information, please consult the bases (attached).