The main lines of research of the Group are organized around 4 main branches:
- Morbid obesity and its comorbidities, with great interest in the development of personalized medicine, based on:
- The genetic propensity to develop comorbidities such as non-alcoholic fatty liver, apnea syndrom or type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- The ability to predict comorbidity resolution and weight loss after bariatric surgery.
- The study of cellular and molecular signaling mechanisms involved in the cellular response to insulin, initially focused on the characterization of PKRN1 phosphokinase.
- Deepen the study of cardiovascular disease in the "other" diabetes: diabetes mellitus type 1, diabetes type LADA, and monogenic diabetes.
- Confirmation that the lung is the target organ of late complications of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Albert Lecube Torelló
973 705 240 alecube.lleida.ics(ELIMINAR)@gencat.cat