IRBLleida grants for high school students (2018) - RESOLUTION
Submission of requests: falamon(ELIMINAR)@filcat.udl.cat
I. Objective of the call
This aid program has been designed to provide young people with the opportunity to get in touch with the world of biomedical research to awaken and foster future research vocations. This Program is intended for high school students of the first year, in the Science and Technology related to the Sciences of Life and Health.
For the year 2018 five places are convened.
II. Characteristics of the program
The call is made in the area of the counties of Lleida and its dissemination to the educational centers is managed through the Territorial Services of Education. Each teaching center may present a maximum of two candidates students, which must compete individually. The selected students will receive a grant that will consist of an economic grant of 200 euros for the realization of the stay (the taxes that correspond by law will apply).
III. Duration and content of the training period
The training period will be developed at IRBLleida facilities from July 1st to August 30th, 2018, with a duration of one month, to be agreed between the student and the research group.
The training period will include the following activities:
- Familiarization with a scientific environment and the techniques of common use in basic biomedical research.
- Carrying out directed experiments.
- Get in touch with the scientific methodology and the operation of high-tech equipment used in the different technical units of IRBLleida.
The research groups in which the program will be developed are:
· Cell cycle (1 scholarship)
· Metabolic pathophysiology (1 scholarship)
· Vascular and renal translational research group (1 scholarship)
· Oncological pathology (1 scholarship)
· Neural signalling unit (1 scholarship)
IV. Formalization of applications
Applicants selected by the educational center, in accordance with the criteria of the call, must have completed, before July 1, 2018, the first Baccalaureate course in the Nature and Health Sciences course.
Those interested must submit the following documentation:
Application form duly completed, available on the IRBLLEIDA website (www.irblleida.org).
Brief explanatory report of the interest and motivation of the student to participate in this program (maximum extension 300 words).
Letter from the center's proposal.
The required documentation must be sent by email to the address: falamon(ELIMINAR)@filcat.udl.cat, indicating "BATXILLERAT AJUTS" in the "Subject" box of the corresponding email.
The deadline for submission of applications will end on June 4, 2018.
V. Selection of candidates and award
The applications for the grants will be evaluated by a Selection Commission. The selection will be carried out in competitive concurrence and will be based on criteria of merit and capacity accredited by the level of academic performance of the student, according to the average numerical note of the Baccalaureate. In addition, if the Committee deems it appropriate, a personal interview will be held with the finalists in order to assess their motivation for the search.
Only 2 students per center will be admitted and the preselection of these candidates will be done by the Biology professors of the Center to which the student belongs.
The granting of grants will be approved by the Directorate of the Center and will be notified to those interested on June 29, 2018.
The list of candidates selected and substitutes will be made public on the IRBLleida website: http://www.irblleida.org/
IRBLleida will send to the mother, father or guardian of the selected student the detailed program of the educational activities, as well as of the extra academic activities to be carried out during the development of the program
Selected candidates must send the following documents to IRBLleida (Av. Alcalde Rovira Roure, 80; 25198 Lleida)
Photocopy of the certificate of the academic record.
Authorization of the mother, father or guardian of the student for the realization of the formative and extra academic activities contemplated in the program.
Photocopy of the national identity document or passport.
Bank account number to pay the amount of the Helpline.
Final report at the end of the stay at IRBLleida (maximum 10 pages).
VI. Other considerations
1. In accordance with the provisions of art. 5 of Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), it is reported that the personal data collected on the occasion of this call will be incorporated into an Automated File registered in the " Spanish Agency for Data Protection under the responsibility of IRBLLEIDA, in order to manage the registration and participation in this call, as well as a follow-up of its professional and training path through the sending of different corporate material from the Center to the address you have provided. The transfer of your personal data to any third party outside the Center is not foreseen. Likewise, you may exercise the rights of opposition to the described treatment, as well as the rights of access, rectification and cancellation of the information provided to the Center, by contacting the following address: IRBLLEIDA (Mayor's Office Rovira Roure, 80; 25198 Lleida). The processing of your personal information according to the one described in the previous section, is necessary so that the Center manages its inscription in the present training event, without which, the same will not be able to carry out.
2. The development of this program will be subject to the budget availability of IRBLLEIDA. IRBLLEIDA, if necessary, may approve the temporary suspension or modification of the contributions corresponding to this program.